Upcoming Fourth Quarter Includes Highly Anticipated Webinar on WIC’s 9th Annual Compensation Survey Findings and End-of-Year Charity Event
San Jose, CA – October 4, 2010—Women in Consulting (WIC), a collaborative community of professional consultants and small business owners, today announced its fourth quarter 2010 programs, including workshops, a holiday charity event, and notably, WIC’s 9th Annual Compensation Review presented in a webinar by WIC’s president Avery Horzewski and vice president of operations Jennifer Berkley.
Events slated for the fourth quarter include:
- October 5, 8:00am – 12:00pm: “Positioning Your Consulting Business to Tap Into New Market Segments,” presented by Sherry Prescott-Willis, author of Market This and president of Prescott Marketing (Workshop, San Mateo Marriott, San Mateo)
- October 6, 11:00am – 12:00pm: “The New Rules of Publishing: How to Write, Publish, and Market Your Own Book,” presented by Laura Lowell (Webinar)
- October 6, 6:30pm – 8:30pm: “Creating Social Media Success for Consultants,” presented by Avery Horzewski (Marin/North Bay Networking Meeting, Unity Center, Novato)
- October 11, 11:30 – 1:00pm: “Content Is King—What Does that Mean to Me?,” presented by Massimo Paolini (South Bay Networking Luncheon, Los Gatos Lodge, Los Gatos)
- October 13, 11:30 – 1:00pm: “Fall Networking” (East Bay Networking Meeting, Pyramid Alehouse, Walnut Creek)
- October 21, 6:00pm – 8:30pm: “Best Practices from the Trenches: Learn How to Grow Your Business from Top-Earning Consultants,” a WIC Leaders Network panel discussion with Denise Brouillette, Jennifer LeBlanc, and Lorie Loe, moderated by Deb Siegle (Main Monthly Meeting, Quadrus Conference Center, Menlo Park)
- October 27, 5:30pm – 7:30pm: “San Francisco Networking Meeting” (King George Hotel, San Francisco)
- November 3, 11:00am – 12:00pm: “WIC 9th Annual Compensation Review: Gain Insights Into Consultant Compensation and Best Practices,” presented by Avery Horzewski and Jennifer Berkley of Women in Consulting (Webinar)
- November 3, 6:30pm – 8:30pm: “Leveraging LinkedIn for Your Consulting Business,” by Irene Koehler (Marin/North Bay Networking Meeting, Unity Center, Novato)
- November 8, 11:30 – 1:00pm: “Prioritizing Prospects to Increase Sales Success,” presented by Cheryl Downing (South Bay Networking Luncheon, Los Gatos Lodge, Los Gatos)
- November 10, 11:30 – 1:00pm: “The Easiest Way to Write Your Business Plan,” with Cynthia Riggs of Business Diva (East Bay Networking Meeting, Pyramid Alehouse, Walnut Creek)
- November 18, 6:00pm – 8:30pm: “Marketing to Apes,” presented by Gavin Johnson, chief anthropologist of Two West (Main Monthly Meeting, Michael’s at Shoreline, Mountain View)
- December 1, 5:30pm – 7:30pm: “San Francisco Networking Meeting” (San Francisco)
- December 1, 11:00am – 12:00pm: “Cloud Computing and the SOHO (Small Office, Home Office): A Case Study Using Zoho,” presented by Mark Buechler (Webinar)
- December 1, 6:30pm – 8:30pm: “Holiday Social Evening” (Marin/North Bay Networking Meeting)
- December 9, 1:00pm – 6:00pm: “WIC Gives Back,” WIC members volunteering at Second Harvest in San Jose and San Carlos, and gathering at TGI Friday’s in Cupertino afterwards to celebrate the holidays—20 percent of WIC’s non-bar tab will go to Second Harvest
- December 13, 11:30am – 1:00pm: “WIC South Bay Holiday Luncheon Celebration, (South Bay Networking Luncheon, Los Gatos Lodge, Los Gatos)
- December 14, 12:00pm – 1:30pm: “Peninsula Luncheon Meeting,” (Divino’s Restaurant, Belmont)
Taking place during WIC’s fourth quarter events is the highly anticipated November webinar on WIC’s 9th Annual Compensation Report, “Committed to the Long Haul.” The webinar provides participants insight into the compensation trends and the best practices used by top-earning consultants for increasing revenues and clients. The webinar, presented by Avery Horzewski and Jennifer Berkley, will take place on November 3 at 11:00am PDT. Access to the webinar is complimentary for WIC members and $30 for nonmembers. To attend, register online at www.womeninconsulting.org.
“Member response to this year’s findings has been overwhelmingly positive,” commented Horzewski. “They were particularly excited by the best practices for growing revenue and clients, seeing them as either a confirmation of their existing approach or a guideline for steps to take in the coming months. We look forward to presenting the results to the community at large in November.”
For a complete list of upcoming WIC networking opportunities, meetings, workshops, webinars, and other events, visit www.womeninconsulting.org/calendar.
Women in Consulting (WIC) is a vibrant, diverse, and powerful community of consultants and small business owners working to build strong businesses. Founded in the San Francisco Bay Area in 1998, WIC provides its 400+ members and affiliates a forum to connect and share with like-minded professionals. Established as a nonprofit, collaborative community to foster successful businesses for its members, WIC sponsors programs and activities to help members network, improve their skills, and thrive even in a tumultuous economic climate, and also provides consulting leadership and support to the community at large.
For more information